1. Limited Warranty Coverage
UTimages (“UTI”) warrants its products to be free from defects in
material and workmanship during the limited warranty period. If, in
UTI’s determination, a Product proves to be defective in material or
workmanship during the warranty period, UTI will, at its sole
option, repair or replace the Product with a similar new or
refurbished Product or refund the lesser of a prorate share, as
determined by the remainder of the warranty period, of the then
current market price or the depreciated value of the Product based
on the purchase price if repair or replacement of the Product is not
commercially feasible. The warranty on the repaired or replaced
units will be ninety (90) days or until the end of the original
warranty, whichever is longer.
2. Standard Limited Warranty Period and
UTI Products carry a 1 year limited warranty for parts and labor
from the date of shipment. This warranty is valid only for the first
purchaser. Customer may be required to provide evidence of proof of
3. Limited Warranty Conditions and
- The following conditions or circumstances are not covered under
the terms of UTI’s limited warranty:
- UTI is unable to deliver to P.O. Box, APO Box and FPO Box
- Any product, on which the serial number has been defaced,
modified or removed.
- Rental costs and on-site service technician expenses incurred by
Customer in the event of Product failure.
- Software and hardware upgrades and any software repairs or
- Damage, deterioration or malfunction resulting from:
- Accident, misuse, neglect, improper ventilation, fire,
water, disaster, lightning, or other acts of nature, smoke
exposure (cigarette or otherwise), unauthorized product
modification (including use of an unauthorized mount), or failure
to follow instructions supplied with the product.
- Failure to operate product in conditions that meet product
specifications and/or characteristics of product. This includes,
but is NOT limited to, LCD screen “blackout” as a result of
excessive and/or prolonged direct sunlight exposure or excessive
heat from any source.
- LCD panel soft failures due reduction of luminance over time due
to normal aging characteristics of LED backlight or due to image
retention caused by static images being left on screen for long
periods of time.
- Failure to inspect new shipment(s) within 21 days of
receipt and report damage to UTI, in-time for shipper or carrier
- Repair or attempted repair by anyone not authorized by UTI.
- UTI’s compliance with Buyer’s (or Buyer’s customers’) designs or
- Any damage of the product due to shipment by carrier.
- Causes external to the product, such as electric power
fluctuations or failure.
- Use of supplies or parts not meeting UTI's specifications.
- Customer caused defects and/or damage, including but not limited
to: cracked LCD, scratched LCD, blemished LCD , or
scratched/defaced/altered plastics and/or metals.
- Opening the Product and/or tampering with internal circuitry.
Products lost, stolen or discarded by Customer. Warranties outside
of U.S. and Canada: Please contact UTI for details.
4. For “Out-of-Warranty” Products
UTI may repair the product or offer replacement product (if
available). Ask your UTI representative for details.
5. RMA Return Policy
UTI requires a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number for return
of product for returns under this limited warranty. RMA requests can
be faxed to (760) 295-2932, phoned in to your UTI client
representative at (760) 295-2917 or emailed in to
- An RMA number will be communicated to the customer with shipping
instructions. The RMA number is valid for 30 days from the date of
issue. The customer is responsible for all charges associated with
shipping the returned goods to UTI, or directly to our
manufacturing facility, at our discretion. UTI pays shipping
charges associated with the return of the Goods to the customer.
It is the responsibility of the Customer to properly package the
defective product and ship it to the address provided by the
Customer Service representative with the RMA number prominently
- No returns will be accepted for Goods unpaid pursuant to UTI’s
- UTI reserves the right, as necessary, to declare the cause of
any failure to be user-caused (and, hence, not covered under
warranty), if in its sole and complete discretion it is determined
that the damage to the product was the result of inappropriate or
abusive usage, whether intentional or unintentional.
- UTI will work with customers, as necessary, to eliminate the
incidence of “no fault found” on returning product. If product is
returned and is deemed to be a No Fault Found (NFF) unit, UTI
reserves the right to invoice Customer for $70.00 per Unit.
- The limited warranties provided herein are the exclusive
warranties given by UTI and supersede and replace any prior,
contrary or additional representations, whether oral or written.
Any implied warranties, including the warranty of merchantability
or fitness for a particular purpose, that apply to UTI parts or
products are limited in duration to the periods of express
warranties given above for those same parts or products. UTI
hereby disclaims and excludes those warranties thereafter or
similar obligations (if any) created by any advertising,
documentation, packaging, or other communications. For all
disclaimed and excluded implied warranties, the products are being
sold on an “AS IS AND WITH ALL FAULTS” basis. UTI hereby disclaims
all other warranties and conditions, whether express, implied or
statutory, including, but not limited to, any (if any) implied
warranties, duties or conditions of satisfactory quality, of
fitness for a particular purpose, of reliability or availability.
The entire risk as to the quality and performance of the goods is
with the Buyer and should the goods prove defective following
their purchase, the Buyer and not UTI, its distributors, or
retailers, assume the entire cost of all necessary servicing or
repair. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an
implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to
- UTI also hereby disclaims and excludes all other obligations or
liabilities, express or implied, arising by law or otherwise, with
respect to any nonconformance or defect in any product, including
but not limited to:
- (a) Any obligation, liability, right, claim or remedy in
tort, whether or not arising from the negligence of UTI or its
suppliers (whether active, passive or imputed); and
- (b) Any obligation, liability, right, claim or remedy
for loss of or damage to any product. This disclaimer and
release shall apply even if the expressed warranty set forth
above fails of its essential purpose.
- For any product described above that fails, and said failure is
deemed by UTI, in its sole and complete discretion to be covered
by the terms of the warranty described herein, UTI will provide,
at UTI’s sole and complete discretion, one of the following:
- 1) Repair
- 2) Replacement
- 3) Refund of the purchase price (any refund as per details in
paragraph 1 – “warranty coverage”)
- UTI and/or its suppliers shall have no obligation or
liability, whether arising in contract (including warranty), tort
(including active, passive, or imputed negligence and strict
liability), or otherwise, for damage to the product, property
damage, loss of use, revenue or profit, cost of capital, cost of
substitute product, additional costs incurred by buyer (by way of
correction or otherwise) or any other incidental, special,
indirect, or consequential damages, whether resulting from
non-delivery or from the use, misuse or inability to use the
product. This exclusion applies even if the above warranty fails
of its essential purposes and regardless of whether such damages
are sought for breach of warranty, breach of contract, negligence
or strict liability in tort or under any other legal theory.
- Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of
incidental or consequential damages so the above limitation may
not apply to you.
- This warranty gives specific legal rights. You may also have
other rights which vary from state to state.
- Some countries may not allow the exclusion or limitation of
damages. If any part of this Limited Warranty is held to be
invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of the Limited Warranty
shall nonetheless remain in full force and effect.
- This Limited Warranty does not affect any legal rights under
applicable national legislation governing the sale of consumer